Thursday, February 02, 2012

It's Part of Life

So as long as I can remember I've had that ability to cry over any and everything, up until the last couple of years, and well the tears don't come all that often. It's been a strange experience for me honestly. I've heard some heartbreaking stories at PWOC of women I care deeply about and there have been times where the tears have no come. Now if you're not naturally one who cries easily, you may think "yeah, big deal" but if you're like me and cry easily, you can see where this is well a little freaky. I really believe God's taken the weepiness from me, but he's been allowing some of it to come back a bit at a time.

So tonight in my very,very pregnant state (we're talking only weeks now from having this baby) I sent a friend of mine a message on facebook. She's leaving right at the same time I'm going to be having this baby. She's been so excited for our family, she rubs my belly and is constantly talking to the baby and constantly stating that she believes firmly this is a girl and honestly if it's not, I think she'll be devestated! LOL Anyways, as I wrote to her, tears filled my eyes as the very well known reality for me hit my heart that one of my dearest friends will most likely not be here when this baby is placed in my arms.

Now I've been an Army wife for 15 years and I know the Army is a small "world", but there are friends you just don't run into again....you may keep in touch on facebook or email, but there are friends you'll simply never be stationed with again. It hurts. We only have a couple more years until retirement, we know where we plan to retire (yes we realize that God may have different plans and if so we'll follow him). The thing is, this friend is leaving in a few weeks and we'll never be stationed together again, most likely. Army life isn't always easy. Deployments are not easy, some duty stations are not the best, some units well they just suck to be a part of, and saying "good-bye" or "see you later" to friends is HARD.

Tonight the tears flowed so easily as I thought of my friend leaving. I know other Army and well military wives in general deal with this. So tonight for you non-military readers as you go to bed think of and pray for military families who have to say goodbye to good friends. Our lives are our choices in many ways (the soldiers, etc didn't HAVE to sign the dotted line, but they chose to and I hope you're all thankful they did to protect all of us and fight for what's right)...even when you know the life you're in, that saying goodbye is part of that life and saying it often, it doesn't mean it hurts any less to say goodbye to that precious friend. If you learn anything as a military family it's make friends fast and love them deeply, because you don't know how long you're going to have them in your day to day life before you or them are off to a new duty station.


2 comments:

Missie said...

Just reading your entry made me want to cry. Sending you hugs!

Bookncoffee said...

I can't imagine how hard it is. I know it is challenging and those friends you make become your support group and it's taking roots away. I am so glad you have faith in God though b/c that will get you through anything. That is what matters the most anyway! And taking care of the precious kiddos!