Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Light in the storm

Well we made it through Saturday and then GOD gave us the most amazing gift. Since we moved we have a carport and garage. Well the garage is full of boxes and various items that need to come in, but I'm in no huge rush to get it all in, it's in the garage after all. But...the items out in the carport, that everyone can see and that need to move into the attic, those need to come in! Saturday night/Sunday morning Chad was moving some and came across a box and called me outside, there was a box with some of Jordyn's clothes. Now let me share the back story on this. When we were about to have Emma I sent Chad down to our storage room to bring up Jordyn's clothes and he couldn't find them. He searched the whole storage room and was sure he went through all the boxes and totes. I am not sure how these clothes ended up in the cardboard box, because with Jordyn's clothes I was VERY particular about putting them into totes. Then I look over and see 3 totes that have tape around them, that's never been cut...so Chad opens them and there are the rest of Jordyn's clothes! When I'd went back to the states almost 3 summers ago, I'd searched our storage shed and of course they were not in there and I had determined that the movers had lost her clothes. I'm so thankful and Chad and I both cried tears of joy! We have thought for almost 3 years that these clothes were gone and low and behold we had them the whole time, but GOD didn't want us to find them until her 10th anniversary/Mother's Day. It truly felt like this beautiful gift from GOD on a day that was so hard for me personally and Chad as well. We just never know when or how GOD is going to work in our lives and just when we least expect it, he pulls out a big one that knocks our boots off!

It's still hard to believe it's been 10 years since Jordyn left our arms for Heaven, but even through the storms....GOD's love just keeps shining through.




5 comments:

beka said...

Lovely post. God is so good!
(hugs)

betty said...

that is just awesome, Christy! I always imagine in movements like this that God is smiling as he reveals things like this to us

I'm glad you were able to find Jordyn's clothes like this

betty

Missie said...

I think God knew you and Chad were not ready to see her clothes until now. Sending you hugs.

Kathryn said...

"I am sorry I haven't been by in a while. My little one is going to be here in just over 2 weeks and your sweet Adam will be here shortly afterwards! I hope you're doing wonderful and as hard as the last month is, I hope you'll be able to enjoy these last days where you will not have to share him with anyone! :)
God Bless"

No worries! :)
Only 2 weeks left for you, wow!! I hope everything goes well, and that you have a good delivery. Only 5 weeks left for me now! I still come over and read your blog as well I just haven't been commenting as much. I hope you have a wonderful day! :) Thanks for the comment!!

Kathryn said...

Thanks for the comment! I decided to go ahead and change some stuff since I really wanted to for fun, and because I know I won't have as much time to do editing when Adam comes!

That is true I hear he will sleep alot but still I am sure I will be tired too. I guess we shall see how it goes! Thanks for the all the tips, I am sure it will turn out ok! :)