Saturday, November 18, 2006

Home Sweet Home





We're back. We had a great time in Garmisch. We really love going down there. We went on a horse and carriage ride the first night, it was a surprise to the boys and Chad, of course Jack fell asleep during it. Jacob really loved it and Chad and I enjoyed it as well. The other 2 families who were with us were really nice. One of the husband's took a family picture of us, unfortunately he missed a little detail or well action that Jack was doing (see above). It was a great picture if only Jack's finger would have not been busy. :)



Tuesday we went swimming, Chad had a massage with hot rocks which he really enjoyed! We went downtown for lunch and did a little shopping and just enjoying one of the most beautiful towns IMO. We found out while on the carriage ride Monday night that the paintings that's on so many of the homes and buildings cost for just ONE picture between 20-30,000.00 Euro! They're beautiful, but my goodness!!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This is just a picture of down the street in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, I ended up loving the sky the most in this picture! :)



This was taken once we got back to Edelweiss, I just love this picture!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wednesday we went to Partnach Gorge. I had walked through here in August with friends when we were down there for a retreat, and wanted to take Chad and the boys. Jack ended up being scared while walking through it. I think it was the combination of the dark area's and the rushing and at times very loud river. Jacob thought it was "cool" and Chad loved it!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic





Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wednesday night Jacob ended up sick. We're not sure if it was a nasty bug or food poisoning. Either way he didn't eat dinner. It was Tex-Mex night at the buffet resturant they have at the hotel, and he LOVES Refried Beans, this is his absolute favorite food, and he took two tiny, tiny bites and then just layed his head on the table. I knew he wasn't feeling good, but about 30 minutes after we got upstairs he got sick. He tried to get to the bathroom, but Daddy was in there and the door was closed (he was changing so we could go swimming) and before he could get the door open Jacob was sick. Poor guy. We called the front desk and they had house keeping come and steam clean the carpet. He layed down and about 8:45 he got sick again, but couldn't even lift his head in time and it got all over his side of the bed and of course we needed new sheets, but it also soaked through the mattress cover, so we called down to the front desk again and they had them bring up new bedding as well as a new mattress. I felt so bad for him, he was miserable. Jack actually fell asleep before 7 pm and he slept all night long (no nap). Jacob slept when he wasn't getting sick. Jack slept with Chad and I slept with Jacob. I was up most of the night, watching Jacob. As soon as his eyes would pop open, I'd grab the trash can. The last time he woke up to get sick was about 4:30 am. I guess we ended up getting about 3 hrs of straight sleep after that. He woke up abotu 8 or 8:30 feeling great! Thank goodness. It was a long and I mean long night. I felt horrible for him. I will say though, it's much easier having a little kid sick vs a baby or young toddler who just doesn't quite get the whole "get sick in a trash can or toilet". Jack's in that in between stage right now, where he's starting to figure out that you should do it in one or the other, but the few times he's been sick he just can't seem to make it.

Thursday we ended up going to Schloss Linderof (Schloss=Castle). It's beautiful. The castle is the only castle that King Ludwig finished and actually lived in. I do like the castle, but honestly I love the grounds. Unfortunately although it was prob. 60 degree's, being that it's November all the flowers were pulled up, the fountains were all covered so the pipes wouldn't break, and November is the month they clean the castle ( you can still tour it, just have to step around some things). Everything "extra" on the grounds was closed, well except for the pond. We still enjoyed our day, but I felt sad thad Chad didn't get to enjoy the beauty of this beautiful place. When my parents come in the spring we'll be going there then so he can see it. It's still obvious to tell that it's beautiful there, it's just very bare.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



Here's a few various pictures from the week..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I love the fall colors!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The snow-capped mountains


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I love how the clouds look over the mountains

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Another shot of the clouds over the Alps

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I really love this barn! The little details in it. I also have different features on my camera and it pulled out the greens and the rest is black and white.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Me and Chad...I love him so much and I'm so thankful he's home safe and sound!

4 comments:

Linda said...

what a beautiful picture, and OMG, your hair has gotten so LONG!!!!

Welcome home, Chad...we are glad you're back SAFE!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful place. Love all of the pictures. You look so happy to have him home with you!

Sorry that jacob was sick, hoping he's all better by now.

Louie said...

Dumb question but how much is 20-30,000.00 Euro in American dollars? And that building with the angels, is that one of the paintings?

You know how much I would love to be there exploring these places. What really saddens me though? When Pat and I were in France, we didn't get any pics of him and I or of all of us together. We were so young and things were so rushed and hectic that we never even thought of it.

After I got our 10 or so rolls of film developed, I looked through them and saw only pics of Pat and the kids and the obvious. Pat was upset about this as was I. You are really lucky to have all these photos! I could just kick myself for that!

Kell said...

Great pic Christy. Gorgeous family.