Sunday, May 18, 2008

We were in a Car Accident

Hi
tonight on our way home from Edelweiss, it was raining really hard. The car in front of us slammed on her breaks. Chad slammed on ours and veared to the right (where there were no cars), unfortunately he still hit the right back corner of her car, which spun her and led to her getting hit full on her drivers side by another car. No one was hurt, just shook up. Jacob bumped his head, but he's ok. My van is in really bad shape. The tie rod, the strut, the stabilizer bar, the break line, the steering gear shaft, and the drive gear shaft was bent. We got towed and when the KID (he looked like he was 19) was lowering the van off the truck, he managed to rip tire/gear drive off the van completely. The kid actually was laughing. I was sobbing at that point. It's all the front drivers side corner. I took pictures at the scene of the accident of our van and Chad took a picture of the can he hit. The accident happened just past Munich/Munchen.

We rented a car to get home. We're hoping that our insurance will pay to have the van towed back here. We're not sure what's going to happen with the van, and of course Chad leaves in just a couple days.

Please pray that God will show us his plan with all of this mess. Satan is definately fighting to take control of this deployment and we will not let that happen. We've definately had issue's with the van this past year, and Chad thinks maybe it's just time to say goodbye and get a new one. I'm not sure about that, but will do what he thinks is best at this point. I just want a safe and reliable and obviously driveable van for our family. I am thankful we have our little reliable BMW, it's crowded for the kids, but it will get us safely from point a to point b.

I can say with all honesty that I'm still really shook up and in a bit of shock at all of this. We did have a good weekend in Garmish/Edelweiss. Thank you for your prayers over this as well as our impending deployment for Chad.

3 comments:

Renee said...

Oh my!! You came to Edelweiss and didn't tell me? Of course we did leave town on Thurs 15 May for a holiday in France. So sorry to hear about your van.

Renee said...

Okay I understand about those last minute retreats. Hope you had a great time with your family while in Garmisch.
We leave in 15 days...

Michelle said...

I just read this Christy, I am glad you all were ok. Have you decided what to do about your van yet? We haven't had any wrecks recently - knock on wood - but our van has had a lot of problems too. We will have it for 5 more yrs yet though, we just started payments on a new car for Pat. I pray that God will lead you in the best decision in this.

Hugs, Michelle