Thursday, December 03, 2009

It's So Hard To Say Goodbye

It seems like just yesterday I was saying goodbye to the best friend I've ever met/made as an Army Wife and as a woman in general. Tomorrow, well since it's after midnight here now technically today...I have to say goodbye to the 2nd best friend as an Army wife. My dear, sweet, friend Heather is leaving. For those who've been reading me for the last couple of years you will remember Heather's the one we almost lost, when she went into a coma and remained comatosed (eventually it was medically induced) for 4 weeks. GOD has blessed me so much here at our duty station here in Germany. He's given me some of the most amazing Army wife and civilian friends I've ever had. Let me tell you though, when you find these women who not only become great friends, but sisters of the heart. To watch them leave hurts tremendously, but tonight my heart is aching for my Emma. She loves Heather and her family. She literally in the last 2 weeks has told us over and over "I love Miss Heather" and then proceeds to go through how she loves everyone in her family. How do you explain to a two year old that people she see's as family are leaving her and won't be back? That she'll be able to talk to them on the phone but won't get to go to their home or have them come to ours anymore? In the morning my kids will have to tell them goodbye and my heart is aching. I hate goodbyes.
Pray for our friends as they transition back to the states, for a safe and uneventful flight. Pray for my Emma and both of my boys as well, and if you can say a small one for me I'd be so grateful.


5 comments:

Freddae' said...

Sending up lots of prayers.

Terri said...

Goodbyes are so hard...keeping all in my prayers...

Hugs
Terri

Bri said...

Goodbyes are hard. I'm praying for all of you to adjust to life with each other on opposite sides of the Atlantic.

Missie said...

My mom always comments that her closet friends are those she met on base while my dad was in the army.

Linda said...

Maybe you'll be blessed to have yet another friend who lives in 2A-2R Haupt...well you get the picture. You've been blessed to have Heather, but Heather was also blessed beyond belief to have you. Your call for prayers for her helped her..God heard her name on so many lips.