Monday, December 28, 2009

Not Me Monday

I haven't done this in a while but after the last few days figured why not!

I was not extremely ill starting on Christmas Eve, having to actually miss our Christmas Eve service, send my family without me (it's my favorite service of the year, beautiful and truly focused on the LORD).

I was not able to stay up right long enough Christmas morning to take pictures of the kids open their gifts and then lay down for the most part of the day.

I am most definitely not thankful that this year my husbad was home and not deployed (as he was last year!) and able to help with our family dinner, and just taking care of everything in general.

I did not love it a few minutes ago when Emma walked up to me and said "look Mommy, I'm a fishy" and proceded to give me a fishy kiss!

I am not going to do the normaly "not me" for this last one.

I am so thankful that Jesus is my Savior and that my husband and I are raising our children to know and love our LORD. Oh how blessed we are!



4 comments:

trooppetrie said...

i am so glad my husband was home this year too. it makes the holiday so much better when husbands are home

He & Me + 3 said...

So sorry you were so sick I am reading that alot in blogland. Yuck. Hope you are better now. I am so glad we are raising our kids to love God too.

Amanda said...

AMEN!!! I love how you always bring it back to whats important!

Hope you are all healed up!

blessings-
Amanda

CINDY said...

I haven't been by in a while. Sorry about that. I will try to visit more often. I am glad you husband is home also. Take care, god bless and have a great new year.