Sunday, January 10, 2010

Changes

With the new year so many talk about making changes, resolutions, etc. Some are great, some are inspiring, some just make me sad. The great and inspiring ones to ME are ones that are making ife changes on developing a closer relationship with Jesus, working on their walk with GOD, etc. The ones that make me sad are the ones that are "all about ME"...weight loss, becoming more oganized, etc. Now I'm NOT saying those are not great things to want and do....but when that's all it is disheartening to me and I truly ache for them. They are missing out on the BIG picture. It's not about US at all, it's ALL about JESUS. If it's not about HIM, it's about nothing utimately. If we're not constantly in motion in walking with the Lord, we're walking away from Him. You see we can be the thinnest, healthiest, most organized person in the world....but it does not matter one single bit if we don't have Jesus in our lives, if we don't love him, aren't in constant motion in our relationship with him to become stronger.

My prayer tonight is for those who do not know him, who do not even think about him (the ones who do not deny him, but don't have a relationship with him either). If you're reading this and don't have a relationship with Christ, I'd love to pray for you. If you don't want the world to know, but would like me to pray for you....leave a comment and ask me not to publish it (I approve all comments before they post) then I can be praying for you.


10 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

I don't usually make resolutions, but this year our family is going to...Give more, Want Less, Share Jesus and Love ALL.
Hugs,
Mimi

Nichole "Nikki" Warren said...

Yes, but with getting organized is out of a need to better serve your God given vocation better? Or loosing weight is means to to better your health so you can serve your God given vocation better?

I totally understand your point and it is valid and correct in so many ways, but sometimes there is more to it.

Linda said...

Christy, I'm with you... these are the best resolutions. The things that really matter.

I like how you have a burden to help others find a true "relationship" with Him.

I hope and pray that someone will send you a comment asking you to pray for them. Or ask you how to really "know" Christ. God uses willing vessels and I can see that you are one. (:>)

Blessings in this New Year!

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Emily said...

Couldn't have said it better... my and husband and I are working harder to become better Christians and serve the Lord.

Anonymous said...

Good post and yes, knowing Christ and living for Him instead of ourselves is the best goal!

God, My Savior Forever! said...

Hi Christy! First.thank you so much for stopping by my blog and choosing to follow it. It is a privilage for me to "meet" another wife of a soldier, a wife wh's husband serves us sacrificially. Please tell him I say "thank you". My hubby just got out of the army after 9 yrs. He went on two deployments but this happened before we met. I loved being an army wife and always will be in my heart. Last yr right around June, we were really considering to get stationed in Germany and got excited but God had other plans for us and in July we found out we were expecting our first baby..after trying for 3 yrs. Alot changed since then for the better. We are now living real close to my family and we're all awaiting the arrival of our miracle baby. I have faith though that one day we'll get to visit Europe:D I see that you're a very strong Christian! I love it!!! I also love my Lord and Savior and loved this post about resolutions. You made me think and once again put things under perspective. It's all about Jesus and what we can do through and for our Lord!!! I pray that anyone out there who doesn't know Jesus as their Savior and reads your post has a very special encounter with HIM! Once again..thanx for adding me and I look forward to getting to know each other alot better! God bless you guys:D

Hugs from Florida,
Susan

Taking Heart said...

You are awesome. Such a great reminder of His faithfullness and desire to get personal with all.

Thank you for your insightful comment on TH about childhood cancer. Like you, I have high hopes that advancements will continue to be made and cures will be found... Breast cancer awareness has been great... lets do it for our kids, too.

Amanda said...

I just got your comment on my blog! :) Glad to have another reader, and a face to go with it!!!!

Would you give me your email, so I can email you a few more personal questions! I love how you're so open, and am struggling right now with my faith. So I just wanted to have someone to talk with. :)

If you'd feel more comfy just emailing me first that's fine too! :) amongthemess@aol.com

God, My Savior Forever! said...

Got it..I'm now following the right blog:D Thanx! Hoep you have a blessed day and rest of the week. Stay warm in Germany. I'll close my eyes and pretend I'm there:D

Hug from Florida,
Susan

Kathryn said...

I am so glad you found my blog, and I am sorry it has taken so long to reply to your comment!

Wow baby number 5! That is amazing I would love to have that many, if God wills it. I am so glad that you were able to stay at home with your little girl. What homeschool curriculum do you use?

Thanks so much for your comment I appreciate the advice! :)