Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Why Me? Why Not Me...

I've honestly been sharing this phrase with many lately and most of all myself. When things don't go our way, when things get hard, when we bare tragedies we think we can not possibly bare, when our hearts break into a thousand pieces, when we see destruction everywhere we look, so often we say......"Why Me?" my response is not said lightly, it's not said with humor, but with a full heart, honestly, and sincerley...."Why NOT me?" Why shouldn't have I get everything I as a sinner deserves? When we have good things happen, how many of us thank the Lord? I'm talking about the little things as well as the big things. We all obviously have internet or the USE of internet, what a great invention, how convenient to stay in touch with friends, family, and stay on top of so much information be it useful or not! How many of us have running water in our homes? Electricity? How many of us are American's and have freedom of speech? How many of us go to our church of choice without fear of persecution from the government? Look at all we haev to be thankful for, but how many of us thank the LORD for these blessings that we surely do not deserve on our own?

Do you know that we do not deserve a single bit of grace? We do not deserve unconditional or even conditional love by the Lord or other humans. Yet we have it in both forms, when we accept Christ as our Savior (for the unconditional love).

When we look at every heartache, every battle, every unpleasant thing we go through and experience....it's nothing compared to what Christ went through for us. He was BEATEN, then was nailed to the cross. He bled to death, when he was thirsty that gave him VINEGAR to drink....do you see vinegar as a thirst quincher? I don't. Can you imagine being flogged? Do you know that during that time it was law that you could only be flogged OR cruicified, because normally people did not recover from being flogged, yet our LORD...the MAN Jesus who have never sinned in his life, who was perfect in every way, was flogged AND cruicified. My sisters and brothers, we deserve every single horrible, awful, and just plain bad thing that happens to us. We deserve hell. Do you KNOW how thankful I am that I'm not getting what I deserve? Are you thankful you are not getting what YOU deserve? We deserve no mercy. We deserve to live a life without hope, without the promise of Heaven, we deserve nothing good. BUT, and here it is....when we KNOW Christ Jesus. We we accept him as the Son of GOD, when we accept he is our Savior....we are BLESSED and GIVEN for FREE...forgiveness, mercy, grace, and love. We get blessings beyond our wildest dreams, we have the promise of Heaven.

I am a sinner. My soul is not pure, nor is my heart. BUT I'm washed in the blood of Jesus, and through him GOD only sees my perfection, the perfection of Christ. He doesn't see the "REAL" me and all my sinful nature. He's forgiven me. He loves me.

Because of this love, this forgiveness, and Christ sacrifing himself on the cross I'm trying hard to not say "why me?" and instead saying "why not me?".





5 comments:

Amanda said...

You are RIGHT ON girl. I was in a small group Bible study and one of the girls was complaining and going on and on about how people were mean and unfair and blah blah blah and then she was all, "Why me? I'm a good Christian!"

And I said, "Why not you?"

And she was TICKED off! In retrospect, it was a bit blunt and not very compassionate, but I really feel that way!!

So many of us are caught up in the Why Me's.. not giving enough credit to the Because.

Because God allowed it.

You are going through a trial that God allowed... and HE wants you to grow from it.

(I gotta remind myself of that all the time.. my pride is my BIGGEST sin!)

Thanks for this timely and awesome post Christy!

Blessings-
Amanda

Kathryn said...

"Praying for you as you prepare for the loss of your grandfather.
I have a dear friend who's not only taken the FP class but has led it 2 or 3 times."


Thank you so much I appreciate that!

What a great post you wrote! I used to say and think that a lot, why me? But everything you said is right, and I am glad that you can realize that for yourself! :)

Missie said...

Beautiful and inspiring entry! I needed to read this! Thank you for reminding me!

Kathryn said...

Thanks so much for your encouragement! You are so right! That is awesome that you get an ultrasound so often, I must say I am kind of jealous! lol Enjoy your surprise though, I bet you can't wait to have the baby to see what it is! :)

Kristin said...

When we stop and remember that EVERYthing is a gift from Him, (that our very life is a gift) it changes our perspective. Timely words, Christy!