Friday, January 08, 2010

Oh those struggles

We all have them. We all have things that we know we're to do, not because the world tells us to, but because GOD demands us to do! I have quite a few struggles...just being honest here! My biggest (well imo and it's my blog and I figure I know myself best!!) struggle is submission to my husband. It's a dirty word in the "World". To the world submission is being a doormat, being walked all over, not having a say in things, etc. But biblical submission is a beautiful and wonderful gift and it's what GOD calls us as wives to do...submit to our husbands as they submit to Christ. Ladies, biblical submission is a beautiful thing.

Ephs 5:21-28 Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ. Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior.Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing [fn] her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.


I take the bible literally. We do NOT get to pick and choose what we like and discard what we don't like. If you're a married, Christian woman....you are CALLED to SUBMIT to your husband. But take a look just a few sentences down is that our husbands are called to love us as Christ loves us (WE are the church). Submitting to our husbands is not only a call of obedience, it's a call of love to our husbands, but more so to our LORD!


One thing I really want and desperately NEED to do this year and from here on out is to submit to my husband, truly and fully submit to him. I know my husband loves me, he wants to please me....it's time for me to truly and full of love with all my heart to want to please him and do what GOD is calling me to do. I'm here to tell you that biblical submission is NOT a dirty word. It's NOT about being walked on, treated poorly....it's about loving and being loved. My husband loves me the way he's supposed to, now it's time for me to love him the way I'm supposed to.

I'm praying for each of you, my sisters of Christ who are married who struggle with this as well. I pray and lift those of you up who are living as submissive wives already. I ask that you pray for me and all the other women who struggle with submission.


6 comments:

Creativecolors19 said...

Great post! I struggle with this as well. Sometimes it is sooo easy, and other times I wanna be in total control. I will pray for you as well.

Joanna said...

Check out Love and Respect by Emerson Eggerichs. I just did the series and learned a lot about how God wired us all and how God, by calling men to love and women to submit, is calling us to do the opposite of how we would normally respond (men to respond with love when they seek respect and women to respond with respect when they seek love). What a great study!

Kelly said...

I love the way God designed marriage. The blueprint he designed is what holds marriages together.

Janis said...

This is something I struggle with also - My hubby is a sweet, quiet man and sometimes I know I just run right over him and make decisions we should be making together!

Thanks for sharing!

Linda said...

I would also suggest "Created To Be His Helpmeet" by Debi Pearl. This book really changed the way I look at my husband. I DO need to go back and read it...and I do still struggle with it (especially since he doesn't "love Christ"), but the book is a wonderful reference to what a woman should be for and to her husband.

Missie said...

I have the same struggle! I think most women do. It's something I've been trying to work on.