Tuesday, March 24, 2009

10 yrs ago my world turned upside down

It's funny how one minute life's easy going, feels like it couldn't get any better and then the next thing you know you're being told that your not quite 1 yr old has leukemia. You're told to start praying for one type of leukemia (ALL) because the other one (AML) has a much lower survival rate.
Ten years ago right now, our lives were being turned upside down and inside out. We were being told our sweet Jordyn was not only sick, she was dying possibly. Plans were being made to fly us out of Ramstein (she was dx at Landstuhl) to Andrew's AF base and then onto Walter Reed. By morning plans had changed, Jordyn was far too sick to fly immediately. Instead we went via ambulance (with Chad following behind) to Homburg University and she began treatment there. We were also told that Jordyn had AML Acute Myloid Leukemia, that she had CNS involvement (leukemic cells in her central nervous system), and her only chance would be a bone marrow transplant. She also had pneumonia and was so very, very sick. I can still see Chad's commander come into her room and just break down crying. She was lying there with a mask over her little tiny face to get oxygen and medicine for the pneumonia. Two nights before we'd been roller skating.

Life has never been the same.



14 comments:

Bri said...

Christy, I just love you. I do. Today, I sat in the back of my church home, with a dear friend and watched another of my friends say goodbye to her baby boy. Although he was 20, he was still her baby. All I could think of was you and all my other friends who have had to bury their babies much too soon. It seems so unfair, I know God is good all the time, even in the hard times, but in that moment I just wanted to beg, "Please God no more, don't make anymore women walk this path!"

I'm sorry you are hurting. I know those words nor any other words I write can take it away. I am praying (as are the ladies of my bible study) for you. I added you weeks and weeks ago, because I knew this day was coming and I remembered just how much you miss Jordyn.

Loving and praying for you! Sending hugs across the miles.

Unknown said...

hugs

EmilytheCreative said...

I no there are no words so I will just offer up a pray for you. I wish no one had to indure this type of pain. ((()))

CntryMomma said...

I wish I could give you a hug. 'Cause sometimes, a hug says more than words could even attempt to. :o/

LORI

Our little family said...

Christy,
I'm so sorry this day brings back such sadness, I can't imagine going thru something like that. You are a strong woman...I'll be praying for you.

AGirlNexDoorCreation said...

Big hugs Christy! Praying for you...my heart aches for you! TerryAnn

Daphine said...

Life can change at the blink of an eye. Praying for your heart to continue healing for the loss of precious Jordyn.

God bless you!

Lisa Lawrence said...

Christy, Bri said it all so wonderfully and sweetly that I will just add that I am also praying for you.

Lisa

LYN said...

I can't even imagine your pain but i am sorry for it..

by the way ryans friend brandon is doing pretty good 2 years post transplant although he needs both knees replaced and both hips and one elbow...due to the high doses of steroids... :-(

keeping you in my prayers today...

Beth in NC said...

I can't imagine living through the loss of a precious child. I pray God will bring you sweet peace today and show you a vision of your beautiful daughter now.

Bless you!
Beth

Janis said...

Christy,
My heart just aches for you. I praise God that you have Him to lean on - who will comfort you as only He can! I'm praying for you and have learned from your grief to appreciate every day I have with my girls!

I can't wait to meet your entire family in heaven someday! :)

Janis

Amanda said...

Love to you...

Blessings-
Amanda

Terri said...

Keeping your family in my prayers...

Big Hugs!

Terri

Anonymous said...

I read this last week...and I had no idea what to say...and I still don't...but I couldn't not comment. Your courage is inspiring...and I am so sorry for your loss.