Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas

Hi, well one I know for some reason no one seems to be getting updates on their dashboard for my blog. I'm honestly not sure why. If anyone has a suggestion of what I can do to change that let me know. I'm not really sure what the issue is, but it's obviously an issue on my end because quite a few of you have mentioned it!

As for Christmas, we stayed home! It was nice to not be rushed and we stayed in our PJ's all day long, all 4 of us! Christmas Eve we went to the Christmas Eve service at Chapel and then over to a friends house for a small get together of fingerfoods, the kids watched a movie, and we adults talked! We spent about 2 hours there and then headed home, made Sugar cookies, opened their traditional Christmas gift of new PJ's, they put on said pj's, then off to bed to wait for Santa. :)

Christmas morning I was awaken by two VERY excited little boys exclaiming that Santa had came!! How I asked did they know...the cookies and milk were gone! ;) So....we got up. Emma remained sleeping, not sure how through all the excited screams, but she got up about 2 hours later! Oh and my boys woke up at 6 AM. I know it could be worse, but it hurt none the less! Santa only brings ONE gift and it's the big gift...this year he brought the boys a Wii. They both had asked for it and "he" was able to ablige. They got along with the Wii (sports) Mario Kart game w/wheel. Momma likes! ROFL! Of course Santa wasn't thinking and did not get the extra remote, and of course the store is all out of them now too! So I'm either going to go off post and buy one or order one. They have another one coming in their gift from my brother, but I figure the more remotes the better, especially when Chad comes home! ROFL.

Emma got up and was fairly grouchy. She was NOT happy that she woke up in my bed alone and was not all that impressed by the craziness of gifts all over the place, but she eventually got over it for the most part and opened gifts, although she insisted on sitting only on my lap, so Jacob took pictures of her, most were pretty good, some blurry ones, but a good amount that were not so I was happy with that!

We're still waiting on gifts from Chad, which we're hoping will be here any day. My mom also ordered us gifts and had them sent, so we're waiting on those too. She ordered Chad's gift one or two weeks after ours and he got his before Christmas! Speaking of Chad, he also got his box of gifts from us on Christmas Eve!! Yeah!!!! We got him a Photo light box, a Digital Frame, a wooden manger, and a smoker. I also got him a sweater which I'd put "up" but found so I'm going to send that and his buckeys out on Monday to him. I am going to go to the commissary and pick up a few more things to send to him too.

I got from the boys a beautiful bell which is clear glass and small Christmas tree's are painted on it (I need to take a picture of it still) and a stand to hold it or one of my other large German ornaments/balls. I also got a beautiful bracelett that my friend Tami made for me and a cermanic butter dish, I'll have to take a picture of it as well. She had one and when I was visiting her this summer really liked hers and she was sweet enough to get me one!! :)

I have no clue what Chad got me, but have to say I'm anxious to see what it is. He said it's something I've wanted for quite a while. I know what I'm hoping it is (coughCAMERAcough) but honestly not counting on it. He got the boys some Wii things and Emma a wooden, hand carved jewelry box (I believe that's what he told me it was! LOL). I'll take pictures once they arrive!
Ok, well I'm off to bed.

If anyone has any thoughts about my updates for the dashboard let me know. I'm stumped!

3 comments:

Linda said...

How wonderful that Chad got his gifts!!! I hope you get yours soon! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, as wonderful as it could be! Just wait and a few more years (and Chad will be there for it, I am sure) Emma will be the one waking you up, oh so early, and wanting to see what Santa brought for her and the boys will right there with her! What a wonderful family time that will be!!! I will be praying for that for you. Linda

Janis said...

Sounds like a good Christmas. I'm glad for you!

I have no idea on the alerts. The only think I could think of you checked some box you shouldn't have but then I would think that we wouldn't be able to get in at all. Good luck figuring it out! :)

God Bless
Janis

Terri said...

I don't receive your post or Lori's on my dashboard...I stay so behind with you two and feel so bad...I wish I knew what the problem was to help you..I do good to even stay caught up on my dashboard..I don't know what it is..blogger is just so much different in that aspect...guess I was spoiled to email alerts with AOL...

Sounds like ya'll had a wonderful Christmas...so glad Chad got all his gifts before Christmas...I bet that brought lots of smiles to his face.... :)

Can't wait to see some pics...

Your welcome for the email..I had never been on that site...but boy do they have some good sales!

Happy New Year!

Hugs
Terri