Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Oh the joys

Well we're finally healthy, I pray!

Sunday Jack had a fever, a high one at that. Motrin took care of it. Now if you know me, you'd know that I rarely if ever treat my children's fevers with drugs. I try to let them run their course, knowing they're doing exactly what they're meant to do, but when you're dealing with a high one and a completely miserable child, you have to give some relief so I gave him 1 dose of motrin and it brought the fever down to a more reasonable temp (still fevered, but not scary anymore). Then Monday I woke up not feeling well, Emma wasn't too hot, and Jacob initially said he didn't feel good, although he perked up. Jack wasn't 100%, so we layed low. Cancelled our plans to go downtown to the Christmas Market. There was no way I could get too far from the toilet to be quite honest with you! (at least at that point it was not vomitting! LOL). Off and on I'd have moments of feeling awful, but it wasn't until dinner time that my stomach started that oh too familiar churn. I felt that exact same church only a little over a month ago (in October). I was not excited over what I was about to come upon. I fell asleep on the loveseat at 9 ish. Woke up to the dinging of yahoo msgr, via my hubby. I told him I was sick and just did not have it in me to chat long. We managed to "talk" for about 10 or so minutes, but the bathroom was calling my name and since his laptop is out right now he was borrowing a friends and had to get it back to him. It was just enough time though. I really felt the need for a bath, but wasn't sure I'd be able to get up, because I was feeling very light headed, so I decided to take a shower and see if I could move on down to the bath. ( A warm soak sounded sooooooooo good). That's when it hit me.
I'm going to warn you now, if you have a weak stomach you may want to stop reading. There are no pictures so it may not bother you! LOL

I puked and although my hands were on the toilet seat and I could have sworn in my blindness (glasses were already off) that my head was OVER the opening of the toilet, I managed to miss the opening for the most part, hit the seat, the floor, and have it splatter all over me. I had puke all over my legs, all over the floor, all over the bottom of the toilet. I just stood there once I was done and started to weap, knowing that even if Chad was home he wouldn't clean it (the man can handle WAR, but CAN'T do puke..go figure!). Either way I was having a pity party, but it lasted all of 10 seconds as the shower was REALLY calling my puke covered legs now. I cleaned the floor up the best I could (still not putting the glasses on, since there was puke on my hands too and I just wanted to get things cleaned up and get into the shower.) Just so you get a "clear" picture...I'd ate corn with dinner. We ALL know how "well" corn digests. Good grief. It was disgusting and honestly I'm pretty amazed I didn't puke again cleaning the disgusting stuff up. I got it cleaned up, layed a towel down to step on when I got out of the shower and just let the hot water run over me. Oh my, I don't know the last time a shower felt that good. I didn't stay in long though, because I honestly thought I was going to pass out, just long enough to get clean, get "refreshed" (well as refreshed as a sick person can feel), got out, put on my glasses and discovered there was a good portion still not cleaned up. Finished cleaning up my lovely mess.

I had my trashcan to take to my bedroom, then a thought came to me...get a BIG trashbag. I did. Oh what a good idea that was. I can remember the last time I was so violently ill, but it's been a while. That trashbag got filled up, plus the trashbag in the can. I spent so much time in the bathroom Monday night/Tuesday morning, I'm pretty sure there was more time spent sitting on a toilet, leaning into a trashbag or over the trashcan, than me in bed. I woke up and my stomach felt better, although plenty of time was still spent in the bathroom ( at least the vomitting was gone!) on Tuesday. Jacob woke up and said he didn't feel good. Dirreah had hit him and a horrible headache and light headedness off and on through the day. I didn't have a ton of energy since I got no sleep, so spent most of yesterday dozing off and on. Emma didn't feel very good herself, so she was with me most of that time. By night time, Emma was pretty well herself, Jack was fine, but Jacob had developed a fever. Oh the goodtimes just seem to never end here I tell you!

Then it happened...Jacob woke up SCREAMING. It was a scream that made my blood run cold. He had a nightmare. I ran to him as fast as I could (he was in my bed), he was sitting there crying and shaking, and awake. I brought him out to the living room and he climbed into my lap and I rocked him. He told me about the nightmare and I prayed over him. He shook for quite some time and the tears just kept coming off and on. I often forget he's only 7. He's still so innocent. He often seems older to me, but he's not. He's just a 7 yr old little boy. I laid back down with him, prayed over him again.

Emma woke up, I took her to bed with me and she was delighted to discover Jacob in bed with us. She fell asleep and Jacob was sleeping and he woke up again. My eyes flew open and I just grabbed him into my arms. (He was awake). The nightmare had more or less continued. Some of the same elements. We prayed again, and this time as he was falling asleep we went over everything that makes me happy and just over all happy thoughts. From then on out he slept through the night. Emma was up off and on all night though, oh don't we just love teething (molar). At one point this morning I put her back in her bed because I had to get at least 30 minutes of rest. I fell asleep and it was glorious. (She fussed for about 15 seconds before it was all quiet in her room. (We love cosleeping, but there are times where it's just not good for either of us)

We woke up and everyone was healthy. Emma running all over the place. Jacob felt good, Jack felt good. I was EXHAUSTED. The boys asked for a snack before lunch and Emma pulled the pickle jar out and it shattered all over the floor. That was my breaking point..I just let out a scream (AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...literally). I felt better and cleaned up the pickles, juice, and glass. I got a small piece in my foot, got that out and all was good for me. Jacob came across a small piece, and so did Jack. I think after the floor getting swept 4 times, all the glass is up. I hope so anyways. The rest of the day went pretty good. The boys did school, Emma took a good nap for the first time in days, and I feel rested.

I did skip PWOC this morning though. With Jacob having a fever last night (oh I forgot he did vomit this morning when he first got up, but after that he said he felt great, ate some toast and that was that). I just am of the thinking that if you're sick or have been, you wait 24 full hours until you go out and around others. Now if everyone else did the same thing, these nasty bugs would not keep getting passed around from person to person, family to family.

My home is in absolute shambles, but you know what, that's ok. I have a week (or more) of laundry needing to be done, need to take totes from our Christmas decorating back down to the basement, and just get things cleaned up over all around here. It'll get done. Probably not tomorrow though, I have too much going on, so it'll wait until Friday.

So there you go. Don't you envy me! ROFL It's always a good time here! If nothing else, all our immune systems should be a little stronger from this lovely bug.
BTW...Emma Grace is 16 months old today....how IS that possible?

6 comments:

Trisha said...

Oh my dear...It sounds like you have had your hands full! There is no good/right time for a mommy to get sick! Funny, even when the hubbies are home, who takes care of mommies? :) I am thankful to hear that you are doing better!!! Your description ( I hate to admit) had me in stitches...As a mommy, in a time like that you have two options: laugh or cry. I too would have cried my eyes out...I haven't gotten sick since Jeff has been gone, but I have certainly had some pretty low, tearful moments where I just want to scream! I always end up hearing my grandmother's voice, "This, too shall pass." Again, sooooo glad to hear that you are feeling better. I hope that you are able to catch up on your rest soon.

I continue to think of you and say prayers for your family. Jeff is surprising the kids at Christmas time for his 15 days home (then back for another 6-7). It is the first time that I have been able to keep a secret with regards to a Christmas present...they usually burn a whole in my pocket!!!
Love to you all...Keep on being the amazing wife and mother you are!!!
Trisha
San Diego

LYN said...

OH MAN!! YOU SURE HAVE HAD IT ROUGH THE PAST FEW DAYS!! HOPEFULLY THINGS WILL BE LOOKING UP NOW..
BLESS YOUR HEART...

CntryMomma said...

:O( You poor thing. I'm about to lose the late lunch I just ate .. but you did warn me! LOL

Love the Chad-can-handle-war-but-not-puke. TOO FUNNY!

I might steal your Bush pic, k?

LORI

EmilytheCreative said...

First of all.. I haven't gotten an update for your blog in like two months.. what is up with that? I'm glad I decided to come over here anyway..

I'm sorry yall have all been sick. I hate it went all the kids seem to get sick within days of each other. One gets it and then just as they are getting better another one comes down with it and so on. It's like the cycles never ends. Hopefully, for yall it will be only good things for now on.

Take care and have a great day!

Amanda said...

Well, I left you a comment here last night... but as I signed off, I thought it might have come back with an error message,and I was right! Sorry.

My prayers and thoughts are with you guys... and I think you handled the nightmare perfectly!

God bless-
Amanda

Gillie said...

Glad to hear that all is well now. I hate being sick!
(((HUGS)))
xx