Tuesday, November 04, 2008

And so goes life

The time has come that I'm going to be in a state of goodbyes. My friend A leaves next month. She actually has her home packed up tomorrow. Pray that all goes well with the packers and movers. Pray that her boys handle seeing their items packed up as well as possible.
As if seeing A leave isn't hard enough. Tonight the phone call I've been dreading came.
B called and her husband got the official word, they are indeed leaving. They must report to their new post in Arizona by Dec. 10. My heart aches.
I want to make something so clear, I KNOW I'll survive and I KNOW we'll be able and will still talk via phone and internet, but it will not be the same. I have spent day after day with B and her family. We hang out so much. We eat meals together almost weekly, sometimes multiple times a week. Jacob and her son are best friends and Jackson loves them too. Emma loves B and I think likes her daughter! LOL We all love B's husband too. Chad and him are good friends and I know he's going to be so disappointed when I talk to him and tell him. We have not told any of our children yet and I've not decided yet when I will. I will talk to B and find out when she's going to tell her son and then probably will tell my boys.

I've done my crying, and am ok right now. Just a sadness is in my heart. It's hard to imagine her not being here. They moved here a year after we did, but since then we've spent so much time together and gotten so close that she is truly like my sister and as she calls me her "Triplett" (she has an identical twin sister). I'm just going to treasure the days and time I have left with her and Thank GOD that he allowed us to cross paths and allowed us to get to know each other and love each other. A friend like B is a rare gift.

6 comments:

Leene said...

One of the drawbacks of military life is the moves and moves of friends, its also one of the great joys because you get to meet so many new people. I will keep you, B and A in my prayers over the next few weeks. As adults we are better able to handle the moves of friends but I know in my personal experience its so much harder on the kiddos. Take care - Leene

Emily said...

You know I am praying for you and I love you....

Slacker Mom said...

It is always so hard to tell good friends goodbye. I'm sorry you have to go through this~

I have friends I haven't seen in over a decade, but we still get to talk via phone/internet. I miss the day to day seeing of them, though.

Be thinking of you over the next couple of months...
Stay the strong one you are.

Joy Junktion said...

Where in AZ in your friend B moving? I live in Phoenix. Maybe I can get together with her.

Gillie said...

Wow~I can feel your devastation. Military wives tend to have a different kind of closeness in friendship especially during deployments!
(((HUGS)))
xx

Amanda said...

Im so sorry my dear Christy. My heart just aches for you. I wonder what God has in store for you and your precious family...

You are in my prayers.

Amanda