Friday, November 21, 2008

Snow, Snow, Snow

We got our first snow today!!!! We were at a birthday party and one of my friends husbands comes and tells us it was snowing. We didn't believe him (even with him being a chaplain! LOL) since we'd JUST been out there loading the gifts into the vehicle. But there it was coming down so heavy and FAST. All the vehicles were totally covered in snow! It left a good amount on the ground and all the kids were soooo excited!

It quit before we even left, but there was snow on the ground so when we got home the boys each made a snowball and threw at each other. Then we were upstairs and booking it. I had to take the kids to B's house, the babysitters were arriving there shortly. I grabbed the pizza's, air popper, popcorn, paperplates, a few toys, diaper bag, and Emma and we were off. Dropped the kids off, put the pizza in the oven, waited for the 1st pizza to get done, served everyone, put the next pizza into the oven, made sure the babysitters knew it was in and to listen for the timer, then we were off to Bingo! Snow still covered the ground, they'd already started scraping the streets and salting the sidewalks, which was nice so we didn't slip on our way to the high school multipurpose room (aka cafeteria!). We played Bingo, didn't win, but still had fun. It was 3 hours of a break, having adult conversations and lots of laughter, and my last Bingo with B.

We got back to B's place, I gathered everything, the boys asked if Little B could stay the night, so he got his clothing gathered, and he came home with us. I dropped off our babysitter's at their homes, and we came home and the kids started playing and they're all now camping out in the living room.

Tomorrow evening the Hospitality House is having a Bon Fire. I'm bringing hot dog buns. It'll be fun! We went last year and had a great time. Emma was so tiny last year. I remember her all bundled up. This year I'll be chasing her around in the snow! I need to see if anyone has a couple chairs I can borrow, because ours were old and worn out and we trashed them and I never bought any this spring. Not a smart move! Hopefully I can find someone who has some, that I can use!

It is supposed to snow tomorrow, Sunday, and Monday. Oh and in case I didn't state it yet...it's soooooooooooooooooooooooooo cold! I will say that at least it's snowing since it's cold! LOL
I'll get some pictures of the kids in the snow tomorrow. Oh Emma touched some snow today and she was NOT impressed. She pulled her hand back and said "NO, brr". LOL! We'll see how she does tomorrow! I really need to get the kids new snow suits! I'm hoping either this week or next to go to a German 2nd hand shop and grab snow suits for the kids. Jacob needs snow boots and so does Emma. Hopefully I can find them there, so I can have them set. I hope this is only the beginning of a snowy winter!

6 comments:

MammawsDecorativeArt said...

Sounds like such a lovely time and you were definitely military wife organized. Grown up time for us comes so rarely. You painted a wonderful picture with the snow coming down. I hope you post some pics especially of Emma. Her first reaction to the snow beyond precious. I love the snow personally but don't do well in the temperature any more. I'm catching up on your posts.

Kelly Dawn said...

I love snow...LOVE it! and I so wish we would get some REAL SNOW soon...I am catching up...havent been around in a while...been too busy..got too much goin on....no time for me...right now I am AT WORK reading blogs and doing a post...lol

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am so glad I found yours! I know I will enjoy reading and keeping up. My family is so thankful for families like yours who sacrifice for our country. Thank you!!!

Ali said...

Just stopping by - your story touched my heart. Thank you for sharing.

Amanda said...

I love a good snow fall... glad the kids did too!

AND SO VERY GLAD you got another good quality night with B.

Many blessings-
Amanda

Jenny said...

I wish they salted the pavements in England when it snows. They only do main roads, motorways etc. It snowed for about 5 minutes this morning, then turned to rain and then the sun came out. I seem to have lost my love of snow with age :-(
Jenny <><