Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

It's Thursday, it's Thanksgiving and I am truly thankful!

I am thankful for my Lord, God Almighty, King of Kings, Christ Jesus.

I am thankful for Chad, a man who's strong in his decisions in his life as a man after God's heart, a husband, father, and soldier.

I am thankful for my children. Oh what a blessing they are, even when I'm stressed from them I adore them.

I am thankful for friends, some are in our daily lives while others are more on the phone, and some on the Internet. God's brought each into my life for a purpose and I'm truly thankful for each.

I am thankful to be an American. Free to have the pursuit of happiness (not the guarantee of it though).

I am thankful for the little things of life that make it mundane and absolutely special all at once.

I am thankful for today. For a day where we stop for a moment and remember to be thankful, what we should do on a daily basis, but many of us fail miserably at. So although we should be in a constant state of thanksgiving, I'm truly thankful we have a day where it's our focus.

I am thankful that my family is so blessed to live currently in Germany and that we have so many traveling opportunities as we have.

I am thankful that no matter what, we have a Lord who is sovereign over everything.

I am thankful that Emily's baby girl who's growing inside of her is healthy.

1 comments:

betty said...

Happy Thanksgiving Christy! I know it is Friday in Germany but its still Thursday in Southern California

wonderful lists of thankfuls, especially because of our Lord Jesus :)

betty