Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I know, I said no more, but I decided...why not! :)

Colossians 3:15
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.

I am thankful to our Lord, who died on a cross for each of us so we may be forgiven of our sins.

I am thankful for the husband that God blessed me with 11 1/2 yrs ago, in Chad. He's a man of faith, substance, determination, devotion, love, strength, and courage. He's my hero.

I am thankful that Chad stands firmly on his belief that we must defend our country and that she's worth fighting for, even when the public has determined it's not the popular choice. He's part of the only 4 % of all who is serving in the US Military. Pretty sad number isn't it.

I am thankful for my children. They have taught me so much...how much I could truly love, how hard I can laugh, how deeply to the soul I could ache. Jordyn made me a mother and her 2 yrs on this earth was the greatest gift God could ever have given me.

I am thankful for my Army wife friends. I have never been as blessed with the abundance of army wife friends as I have living here. I have found a best friend and friends who have such a grip on my heart, they've helped me in ways they will NEVER know.

I am thankful for my civilian world friends. Emily and Tami are the best friends a woman could ask for. It's truly hard to imagine them not being in my life, because they're such an integeral part of it now. How blessed am I to have these two amazing women in my life.

I am thankful for my internet friends, who make me laugh, cry, smile, and just remind me that friends come from all different ways, places, and God has had a hand in it every which way!

I am thankful for my can of Pepsi! Hey some of you have coffee, I have Pepsi! LOL I am guessing my children are thankful for that little blue can too! ROFL

5 comments:

Leene said...

Another great post and all things to be thankful for - I laughed at the Pepsi one because I'm the same way with Coke. Leene

Amanda said...

Those are wonderful things to be thankful for... you hae Pepsi, Ihave chocolate! ;)

PRaise the Lord you are all getting better!
Amanda

Amanda said...

Hey sunshine!

Just wanted you to know I have a special surprise for you at my blog.. stop by when you get a second to see it!

God bless-
Amanda

Traci said...

Yeah for you getting around to the Thankful Thursday! Good list by the way!

Karen Hossink said...

Hi Christy,
Thanks so much for visiting my blog. It's a pleasure to meet you!
Oh, I hear you with the friend thing. I live in a university town and for quite a while most of my friends were here because they or their husbands were doing grad work. Then they got their degree - and moved!
I got so tired of saying goodbye.
At one point I semi-seriously condisered developing an "application to be my friend," which would only contain one question: Is there any chance you're going to be moving in the next three years?
If the answer was yes, I figured I would reject the application. My heart had been broken enough.

I am so thankful for Jesus, and His ability to carry me through the lonely times!

Praying He will hold you closely as you say goodbye.

Loving Jesus,
Karen