Sunday, November 09, 2008

Sunday

I love Sunday's. It's my favorite day of the week. I love going to church and praising Jesus with fellow believer's (I do it throughout the week too, but for fellow church goer's you understand the importance of this!). I love seeing how God's working on others and so often during a sermon, I often see our Lord working on at least one person there and it's so amazing to see it right there in front of me, now often he's kicking me in the butt, showing me just what it is I need to see and work on, let go of, etc.

Unfortunately I didn't get to go to church today. Emma's still battling that intestinal bug and it's still working it's way out of her so to speak! She's as happy as she can be, but oh it's a nasty bug we'll say that....stinky! LOL We all slept in this morning. The boys made HUGE progress on their bedroom, enough that I let them go to B's for a playdate. Then Jacob came home and grabbed an over night bag. He's going to a swimming resort type place up by Berlin tomorrow with them. They invited me to go, but it was not something I'd budgetted so I passed. So tomorrow Jack and I are going to make cookie's per his request. My Great Grandma's Applesauce Raisin Cookies and Chocolate Chip Cookies. We're also going to walk B's dog, so when we go over in the evening to take Lola out we'll be leaving a plate of cookies for them! Jack and I are going to do school work too. I am going to finish up my laundry.

Tonight I made broccoli cheddar soup, I messed up on it so it wasn't as good as it should have been. I had not made it before, but it was my fault. I added the cheese too soon. So next time I know better. I still liked it, but Jack wasn't liking the consistency of it and he's on a whole anti broc. kick, although anytime we go out and I order it the boy can't eat enough of MY soup! ROFL!! I'll try it again in a few weeks. Jacob was really disappointed he wasn't going to be here for dinner! When I tell him I messed up I can ease the disappointment! Later this week I'm making potato soup, I'm REALLY looking forward to that! I also need to make a new menu for the next two weeks so when I go grocery shopping later this week I am all set. I love soups and want to add more to our menu for the winter. It's chilly here and the perfect weather for them! Plus most Sunday's we have Awana from 4:30-6 and having a dinner that's in the crock pot waiting for us is the perfect answer! So if you have any good soup recipe's that at least can be thrown into the crock pot to keep warm while we're out, share them! I'm NOT a fan of spicy/hot things though.

I do have a prayer request beside's Emma. Keep Jacob and our friends in your prayers for tomorrow. They're getting up early in the morning, 4:30 AM and want to be on the road by 5 am. They will have a 3 hr drive ahead of them, then will be swimming all day, then a 3 hr drive home. So please pray for safe driving, that T is alert when driving, and for the other drivers out on the German Autobahn (it's the same as an interstate/freeway in the US...only CERTAIN spots do not have speed limits, although on our side of Germany, most area's do have a speed limit and they all have a RECOMMENDED). I'm not worried about Tim driving too fast, just for him to get enough rest tonight and not be too tired tomorrow evening coming home.

Have a blessed Sunday!

6 comments:

betty said...

I know what you mean about corporate worshipping at church with fellow believers; so sorry you weren't able to get there this morning; do hope Miss Emma feels better soon! will pray for safe travels; soup sounds delicious! we usually just throw our leftovers in for a soup; I haven't made too many soups from scratch so to speak

betty

Leene said...

I love going to church as well and being surrounded by the love that you feel - its such a feeling of comfort. I'm sorry Emma wasn't feeling well still and will keep her in my prayers. Also will include B, T and the family for safe travels tomorrow. I love brocoli soup - that was my number one craving when I was pregnant with Madi, I used to have it every night. My family loves kielbasa soup, its easy and really good. If you want the recipe let me know. I usually make sweet potato muffins to go with it and hubby always sticks a few muffins in the soup - its a delicious combo he says. Have a good Monday. Leene

Joy Junktion said...

Continuing to pray for your family.

Daphine said...

I so look forward to corporate worship too! It's great to have your own quiet time and worship time alone, but it seems like when you go on Sunday mornings and go expecting...God always shows up. I hope that your little Emma gets to feeling better. I do have a couple of soup recipe and will post them soon.

Have a great week!

Amanda said...

I hope you DO have a blessed Sunday! Or Did. Or...well, its Monday isnt it? ;)

Have a great Monday!
AManda

He & Me + 3 said...

Hope that baby is doing better later today. poor thing. Sorry you had to miss church. I love the corporate worship too.