Friday, November 28, 2008

Day to Day

I went to PWOC (bible study) on Wednesday. I got there a bit late, because I wasn't sure if I was going or not. I was sad, hurting, and honestly didn't want to be around anyone else, not even those who love me and were aching for me and with me. I know I wasn't the only one who loved B and who miss her. We're doing a Secret Sister's in our group and mine is the sweetest. She wrote out the words to the song "Friends" by Michael W. Smith. It's a song I know and love and have sang for years. She also gave me stamps and note cards. What a fabulous gift, huh?!
The sister I have, I don't know very well, so finding gifts for her is a little difficult for me, just for the fact that this time around we didn't get any information on their likes or dislikes. I just try my best and do what I can to give her some sweet reminder that she's loved.

I was planning on putting up our tree today, but Emma had a fever come on this afternoon. She woke up from her nap with it. I should have known something was coming since she barely ate breakfast and fell asleep before lunch and slept right through it and had no interest in lunch. She did eat dinner fairly well so that was good and she had a light snack. I need to get some oranges and tangerines. She loves them and natural Vitamin C will do a girl good. She was just wanting to be held and nursing so bringing up the tree and all our decorations was just not an option. The boys were VERY disappointed so I promised them that we'll do it tomorrow. So tomorrow we're going to be busy putting up our tree, hanging ornaments, sharing laughter, hot chocolate, and possibly playing in the snow that they're calling for (for tomorrow and Sunday). I need to get all 3 kids snow suits. There's a 2nd hand shop near by that I'm hoping to find snowsuits for them at. Hopefully I can go next week and get them.

So far I've not talked to B yet. I have her inlaws and her parents number so tomorrow I'm going to give her a call and see how their flight was, how Thanksgiving was, and just how they are in general. I miss her so much. Today when I drove by their apartment they had started renovations on their apartment. They must be starting with the bathroom. They had a truck that has a ladder/belt that goes up to their windows so they can take everything out of the apartment easier and it was lined up with the bathroom window. I will admit I dread the day someone moves into their apartment. It could be someone who's a future friend, but it'll always be B's home. I miss her and that's just reality. God's blessed me with so many amazing friends right here that I'm well taken care of and I can only praise our Lord for that.

4 comments:

Linda said...

I hope that you got the chance to talk to B! Linda

Kendra said...

Love your blog Christy. Great pages. Sorry to hear about your friend. ((HUGS)) and I hope Miss Emma feels better soon!

CntryMomma said...

:o( I'm so sad for you. I can imagine how you feel.

Still thinking of you.

LORI

Janis said...

So sorry I haven't been here...I havne't been getting your alerts. Not sure why! :( I was wondering what was going on with you!

So sorry about the loss of your friend. Praying for you and your family.

Janis